Breast Milk Storage
Follow these simple steps on how to use Swisspers Breast Milk Storage Bags.
- Prepare your work area by sterilising all bottles, tools and surfaces.
- Thoroughly wash hands.
- Before filling the breast milk bag - write the date in the space provided.
- To open the bag - remove the perforated tab and pull open the tabs.
- Pour breast milk into bag and reseal for storage.
- Place in fridge or freezer.
- To defrost place bag in the fridge to hygienically thaw. Bag can also be gently warmed in warm (not hot) water, being sure to remove bag from warm water as soon as it reaches the appropriate temperature.
- Pour milk into a sterilised feeding bottle and gently warm if required.
- Do not use a microwave to warm baby milk as it can overheat and burn baby.
- Check the temperature of the milk before feeding baby.
- Dispose of the empty bag and DO NOT REUSE.
- Bags are sterile until opened.
- Always practice good hygiene. Unwashed hands and unsterilised equipment can be very harmful to babies.
You May Also Like